To all Animators out there.
Anonymous said: I'm Depressed. I Just can't draw good anymore and I don't know what to do. Any Tips Unikitty/Mun?
Oh no! Here are tips coming from a very rookie illustrator who is still trying to find her voice in the industry.
- Take the opportunity to draw from life at least.. 10 times a week? Every day preferably. This will train your eye to observe! I prefer doing gestures! I am not necessarily saying to draw a basket full of fruit but people at your school, Starbucks, park, dogs at the beach.etc. Try to draw anything in motion. Don’t forget the scenery too! It doesn’t have to be perfect at first. You will get the hang of it!
- Study from artists you admire. This was something I just started doing last year and it really helped me! Study from successful artists in the industry you want to be in or just anyone in general. Find out how they problem solve! Break their work down. This can help you get out of the rut of drawing the same mistake over and over again or getting the hand of drawing hands (get it?! badpun). Of course, these are STUDIES. Don’t upload these drawings unless you did some work that was inspired by them.
- Try to draw every day! I am trying to get back into the swing of this! Have a sketchbook to do your daily life drawings and studies from.
- Make an effort to try something new for each piece, even if it is something small. It all adds up in the end.
- DON’T DON’T DON’T look at your work as failures. Instead of saying “wow.. I suck..” go “okay! What can I do better next time?” STAY POSITIVE! If an illustration doesn’t come out exactly how I wanted it to be, I usually just tell myself “well! I will try to do a better job next time!”
- RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH! Stop assuming everything is in your brain. If you can’t draw a dog running, look up videos of dogs running then study the video! Then draw a running pooch! :)
That is what I got! STAY POSITIVE and HAVE FUN! <3
So I won’t firget
I’m trying to improve my skills in art/animation before returning to college, and I have no idea where to start.
I was gonna try to see if I could do several monthly challenges at once, but that seemed a touch silly really.
Oswald the Lucky Rabbit makes character debut at Tokyo Disneyland Resort in new meet-and-greet at DisneySea (x)
(Source: mickeyandcompany, via wendy-pleakley)
Know what’s Fun? World Building.
Like making up a god of Chaos that enjoys nothing more that his best snail-y friend Mr. Noot Noot.
And he will take no sass about Mr. Noot Noot.
Charecters : Ave, Lord of Chaos
Materials used : Pencil, Paper
You know what would be a neat pokemon?
A Stop Sign.
Like a Pokemon, that also looks like a stop sign, and it could use a move that prempts everthing, even protect and the like, and stops the pokemon from moving that turn. It could thrive in doubles, cause you could stop a pokemon from trying to set up hazards or items they’re holding. And Ghost/Steel for funzies, with high defense. Like Stupid high.
And the best part is, it could be called Octaghiest!